Life and its small changes

Posted by on Jul 2, 2014 in Letters | 13 Comments

Dear friend,

while Jeff is writing serious mind blowing texts about his thought from past to future life, I am changing font on my web site and firing one web designer after another in pursued of my future life endeavor. I was hoping, after days I was writing every day and even more times a day, that I will get a lot of complains. You know, once I went few days in silence, nothing happened. Like sed somewhere else, the only person who cares about you should be you.

And because I do not have fifty years in front of me and I was sitting in the train of somebody else for bloody long time, I like to switch to car and be behind the wheel of my life. That was the reason why you have not hear from me so much lately. I am working on some new habits (Scott, S.J.), trying to love myself (Kamal Ravikant) more (however corny this sounds to European ear). That all because I have chosen to Choose myself (James Altucher).

Yes I am under the influence of American, brain washing, self improvement, economical movement, who made few people rich. And you know they have right to earn money, because they did something. They wrote books and that take time, energy and willpower. From each of those books and some more I made some conclusions and made some choices.

Now it is only up to me, if I put the in some use in my life. If I have enough of that will power (Kelly McGonigal). One can have many excuses not to do what s/he set as goal, but  I really wish I can do this. Let us see in half a year…

13 Comments

1. Iurie
    Wed, 2. July , 2014

Richard,
    I think you are overreacting. The fact that nobody bothered you during the three days of silence does not mean anything. Maybe people were busy, trying to pursue their own dreams.
    I, for example, may skip a few of your posts because of being busy, and then read all of the missed ones “in one swipe” in my free time.

Further more, your nowadays state of mind has nothing to do with your way of thinking, neither with the american brainwashing/self improvement/etc (i think, the last one is just not meant for you).
    The fact that something isn’t working for you, does not mean that you have chosen a wrong philosophy and supposedly now would be the right moment to change it. It’s rather that you haven’t (yet) “invented” something that would touch people and would make you “successful” and content/happy with yourself. As a matter of fact, being content with oneself is a dangerous status which might stop one from improving.

From my perspective, you’re still in search of destiny/luck. Keep searching, Richard – it keeps you alive! Some people never stop searching, so should you.

In addition, it offers all of us good subjects for discussion; trust me, we are all in the same shoe :)

Keep on writing – we’re here :)

• Richard Vanek
      Wed, 2. July , 2014

What a wonderful comment Iurie. Thank you so much. I do not really be content with myself, I want to enjoy the journey. And I need to learn a lot.
      About the other thing: you are right Iurie, I know. I have people here in The Netherlands, which I have not seen in weeks. We all are so busy. I only wonder with what?

2. Iurie
    Wed, 2. July , 2014

Q: What are we all busy with?
    A: Making money for someone else!

3. JPH
    Wed, 2. July , 2014

Just wishing you well also on your journey, Richard. I hope that you find what it is that you are looking for, and once do, that it is all that you thought and hoped it would be, and will bring to you that of which you are also seeking.

As Lurie said, we are on the same/different journey… I for one find very welcoming, that not only do you actually take the time to read the dribble that I write o’er on my site, but also am one who will continue on to discuss it!!! You are like the only one in my life who does that… so, like Lurie also said, we are here for each other to share in each other’s journey, inasmuch as each allow the other to be.

All the best to you.

• Richard Vanek
      Wed, 2. July , 2014

Thank you Jeff, and you know reading what you have wrote, I am not that much about going somewhere or find something. I am more about that journey and something even more interesting. I like achieve change in my person. Change to something I should had have for long time. Some people call it willpower. Something I was supposed to acquire in my teen age.
      BTW: It is Iurie not Lurie. I as Ivory.

• Iurie
        Thu, 10. July , 2014

Only now have I noticed your comment. Thanks for your concern.
        I got used to it :)

People now and then call me Lurie, usually online, and it’s a matter of typography – “I” (small L) and “l” (capital i) are similar and easily confounded.

No problem, Jeff! :)

• Richard Vanek
          Thu, 10. July , 2014

Iurie, I wonder does this automatic notification system on comments works, or you didn’t use it?

• Iurie
            Thu, 10. July , 2014

It works. The issue is with human eye, which sees only the comments at the end but misses the intermediary ones :)
            (scientific explanation!)

4. JPH
    Wed, 2. July , 2014

D’oh! My apologies, Iurie.

5. Iurie
    Thu, 3. July , 2014

:) (to Jeff)

6. Richard Vanek
    Thu, 10. July , 2014

Iurie there should be a link to get you to exact comment. It does for me.

• Iurie
      Thu, 10. July , 2014

I must confess, that 1-2 months ago and earlier there were some strange issues with notification: I would receive no mail whatsoever when you posted anew, and when I finally did receive the notification, the topic was already many days old, with many comments, and I could find some new topics for which I haven’t been notified.
      Now it’s better – I am receiving notifications for comments and new posts