Balance

Posted by on Nov 16, 2011 in Photos | 12 Comments

I have played a little today to show you two modification of following image. Idea was just to play a bit. I made this image in rather chaotic environment of railway station and surrounding buildings. I meant to combine a chaos of the place with symmetrical ground geometry and put in it strange element, the person in Yoga position.

Not sure what I wanted to create at the end, that is why I have created two version of it, I guess. I just felt that this image is strange and by editing it I wanted to emphasized it.

20111116-104354.jpg

20111116-104405.jpg

12 Comments

1. richo
    Thu, 17. November , 2011

So may people looked at these images and no reaction.

2. Iurie
    Thu, 17. November , 2011

Hi, Richard

A very nice depth of field in the first image.
    A lame question: What lenses are you using?

• richo
      Thu, 17. November , 2011

Iurie, I am not completely sure. I do not pay much attention to technical details. Mostly I use 35/2.8

3. Iurie
    Thu, 17. November , 2011

2 reactions! ;)

4. Iurie
    Thu, 17. November , 2011

Is that a fixed zoom lense?

• richo
      Thu, 17. November , 2011

Yes it is fixed lens. I use only those. I have one very cheap zoom lens, I use it only for extreme wide angle.

5. Iurie
    Thu, 17. November , 2011

I enjoyed the DoF effect because the image looks like a close-up shot of some toy scene :-)

6. JPH
    Fri, 18. November , 2011

Of the two, I like the first image better… and also liked the illusional miniaturization look of it all, as if the the little tiny yoga figure is only inches/centimeters tall… like, if we were to take our time, get down on our knees and look close enough, we would discover that there is a whole race of teeny-tiny people who live amongst us… and heavy into the practice of yoga :-)

7. Dirk
    Fri, 18. November , 2011

I hate the “miniature effect”. Nothing left of the photograph, just gimmick. Might not have been what you were after, but close enough. Better stay away from it.

• richo
      Fri, 18. November , 2011

Hey Dirk is back. Finally some sharp view, thanks.

8. Dirk
    Mon, 21. November , 2011

Hehe, thanks. Don’t get me wrong, these are attractive photos no doubt. But form is overwhelming content, and that is making it out of balance. Good to try though.

• richo
      Mon, 21. November , 2011

dirk, there is no reason to apologize I fully understood what you meant there.