Complete set of winter images

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 in gallery, Photos | 12 Comments

Here all the images from previous days in one set. This was my attempt to share with you the winter experience I had some days ago while visiting Germany and enjoying holiday there. I would be curious to hear from you if you happen to feel it similar way I did or if you like to share your emotions with me.

12 Comments

1. Dirk
    Mon, 17. January , 2011

What do you like about them? Somehow I feel they are not the “full story”, as if something important is missing.

• richo
      Wed, 19. January , 2011

Dirk, in this case I have not try ti convey any story. More feelings I had that particular day skiing between these snowy fields. Most of the time alone enjoying the beauty of the nature and isolation of the soul.

2. Patrick Landstra
    Wed, 19. January , 2011

With this series you make me grab my camera again and go out and just be creative again. Really nice and well done!.

• richo
      Wed, 19. January , 2011

Patrick, nice to hear that I can be inspiration. Good luck with it.

3. Dirk
    Wed, 19. January , 2011

Actually, I didn’t mean story in the literal sense. Apart from feeling cold, what other feelings are the images conveying in your view? I think what I am missing in these is more of you…

4. richo
    Wed, 19. January , 2011

You are right. This was also not attempt to make it reall very much as kind of story you have in mind. More it starts as taking nice winter picture, almost turistic one. Now when you mentioned that miss me, I have right away quite idea how I would do it differently.
    That is unfortunately for other time as I am now on other side fo the globe where the summer is in charge and temerature are above 32C ;-)

5. Joshua navoski
    Mon, 24. January , 2011

your photos are very good, give lots of drama and falls in the bottom of my heart,

i live in bethel alaska, very cold here, yesterday it was -40 below,,,

when i looked at your photos it reminds me of a feeling i felt when i photograph winter

“winter. its of coure cold,dry, and has a lack of no taste,
    but leaves me a form of depression i want to capture, empty, lonely, nothing,
    creative? i dont know, i just like that style of photography” ,,,,

again thanks for sharing your work

6. Dirk
    Wed, 26. January , 2011

Re. the Kusanagi Snow work, it is generally difficult to compare and even though I wouldn’t say that those photos are that great, they – for me anyway – seem to contain a more distinct personal statement or view than from what I see in your photos. That’s what I meant by “I think what I am missing in these is more of you…”. I think these type of photos could have been taken by someone else as well and I would like to see more of Richard Vanek energy in them.

7. Dirk
    Sun, 30. January , 2011

Also have a look at his other images. I think the more you look at them, the clearer becomes the difference to your images:

8. richo
    Sun, 30. January , 2011

Yes Dirk, it is now clear. Not only that, but also fact that his intention was completely different than that of mine. I like images on this link very much.

9. Dirk
    Sun, 30. January , 2011

Glad to hear it. Intention is very important… quite fascinating.

10. richo
    Mon, 10. October , 2011

Joshua, thanks for writing me from so far! I am glad you liked these images. I know you have wrote this more than nine month ago, but I create new version of one of these images. If you still there somewhere you may take a look and share your thoughts with me: